My morning routine starts with a nice steaming cup of tea, followed by checking emails and the day’s schedule. Some days my inbox contains something exciting and special, some other days, just full of notifications and adverts. Well, there was an email waiting for me this morning which belongs to both categories.
Melita from the Perfume Polytechnic blog nominated The Perfume Magpie for a Real Neat Blog Award. This was a lovely surprise to wake up to.
Real Neat Blog Award seems like a baton passed by a blogger to another blogger, and the recipient is supposed to answer the questions that came along with the award if she/he is willing to accept the nomination. I’ve seen this kind of awards on other blogs but, to be honest, I’ve never imagined that it would come to my direction.
So, Melita, thank you!! I’ll accept the award as gracefully as a magpie can since this is my first award and there may never be another, and pass it onto other bloggers. As for the bloggers I nominate, I know some of you choose to run award-free blogs, so if I mention you in this post, participate only if you want to. No obligations. I just want to shout out “I love your blog!!”
Here are the rules for accepting a Real Neat Blog Award:
1) Show the award logo on your blog.
2) Answer seven questions asked by your nominator.
3) Thank your nominator, linking his or her blog.
4) Nominate any number of bloggers you find deserving of the award, and provide a link to their blogs.
5) Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
(Again, feel free not to act upon them if you don’t have time; or don’t accept awards; etc.)
Well, anyway, here are my answers to Melita’s questions:
1) If you’re old enough to remember, what do you miss the most about the pre-internet era?
Handwritten letters. I used to have a great collection of letter papers and envelopes for the different friends, moods, seasons and occasions. I loved the moment of anticipation just before opening the envelopes. (Actually, I get similar excitement now when I know the package contains perfumes.)
2) Could you be self-sufficient if you had to be?
Yes. I’ve grown up in a farm and now I’m living in countryside. I grow vegetables and herbs, I can weave baskets and sandals, and I’m pretty good at milking cows. I’m crap at chopping wood though. I’m also into natural & botanical medicines.
3) What are your thoughts on climate change?
It’s a nature’s cycle but human beings are not helping it.
4) What is your best developed sense?
Hmmmm, this is a difficult question. I have a very good sense of smell and I can recognise wide range of colours as well (well, according to one of those articles on the internet). I can also hear bats.
5) Do you make anything with your hands?
Yes. I love making jewellery in silver. I love the moment when the metal glows red and solder flows. I also enjoy making stained glass panels, knitting and sewing.
6) What is the most thoughtful gift someone has given you?
Love. Does it count?
7) Tell us about a person you miss, and what you miss most about them.
My husband. Although now I’ve met someone who is loving, caring, understanding, and completely accepting me the way I am, I still miss my late husband a lot. I don’t think I would ever stop loving him and missing him. He was highly intelligent, adventurous, humorous, grumpy, animal loving, spiritual and a gentle soul. I miss everything we used to do together, just him being there with me.
So there we have it. A little more about me. :)
Now, my nominees. I wanted to choose a lot more but I thought five was a good number.
I nominate the following perfume blogs:
Here are my 7 questions for the bloggers:
1) What is one of your talents?
2) What makes you smile?
3) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
4) If the world ends tomorrow, what would you do?
5) If you can go back in time, where would you go?
6) What the weirdest thing you’ve ever smelled?
7) Which perfume are you craving to obtain?
As I said earlier, please don’t feel obligated to accept the award, it’s just a small way of showing my love to a few blogs I enjoy!